Saturday, July 25, 2015

How to build a quick brow.....


Its no secret everyone who knows me knows that I am an avid eyebrow drawer thanks to over plucking as a teen. In the 90s I needed to have those 90s thin brows and as a result the hair just doesn't grow back anymore. Without makeup, I sport a nice "Spock" like brow that has a bushy beginning with no tail end. After many many years, I can now create an amazing brow in mere seconds!

I'd like to share with you how I do a quick brow using just a eyebrow pencil. This process is for when you are on the go and need a brow now!! Sounds hilarious and you only understand the need of you require this kind of self help. 

First thing first, you need to start with a good pencil. I usually use a MAC brow pencil in "spiked" but for my quick brow I use this pencil by Rimmel. It is long wearing and has a great brush attached. 

It costs about $6-9 depending on where you buy it and I use it in the color Black Brown. My pencil is very well used so here is a stock image of what you would look for at the store. 


When I have more time I will use a combination of brow pencil, brow shadow and follow it up with some sephora brow gel to seal it. But back to the quickie! 😆

Attached in the photos below is my brows "au natural" followed by my upper brow line in which I follow the natural curve of my brow bone. After my guideline is complete I then create a bottom brow line and connect it with the tail end. Then I proceed to fill in the tail end with the pencil. The tail end of your eyebrow should line up with the corner of your eye. 

After my eyebrow is complete, I fill in the front bushy area of the eyebrow lightly with the pencil and then blend it in with the pencil brush thus resulting in a nice finished brow! 

Voila!! 

It takes practice to get the brows symmetrical with each other but Ive got it down to a science! 

As great as they look it's annoying when you accidentally wipe a section away so
I'm hoping to get my brows permanently tattood in the next year. Ive been doing a lot of research and I'm hoping this lady in Vancouver who does an amazing natural feathering technique will be able to do them. Fingers crossed I get into her bookings come August! Look at her results!!
Amazing!! 

And there ya have it folks, easy brow compete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment