Friday, August 14, 2015

Give me a break....

I need a break. Hell, I need a damn vacation! 

As a mom the above statement means i'm on the edge of losing my sanity. 

You see, I am a stay at home mom of two sweet little darling girls. When I say I need a break, I'm not talking about a trip solo to the bathroom (although that would be appreciated) no, my "needing a break" means that I'm asking for a short break from my responsibilities so that I can simply call a friend and go for coffee, retreat to a near by city for a day of good ol' me time or take a night away to sleep in a bed ALONE and in silence with no little hands waking me in the night asking for a variety of items that are most definitely not being fulfilled at 3am in the morning. It means that I need a moment to feel like ME again!  A moment to be the person I yearn to be after dealing with the reality of a life where I don't belong to myself anymore; where I get all the love and energy sucked out of me every moment of the day! 

I know, I know, I'm whining!!! Yes, I chose this glamorous mommy career, and don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade it for the world BUT.....I need some time!  

Parenting is hard work. I get it! I'm doing it. Hell we all are doing it, but holy crap this shit gets deep. One person can only handle so much loud pitch screaming, talking back, whiney gestures and sibling fighting before their head wants to burst into a firey ball of "Shut the hell up!" And that folks is when you know you need that break. So I'm putting it out there. Someone hook me up with lotto max and take this girl to the city!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey D! Love your blog! Soooo cool! I picked up some great beauty tips from you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete