Tuesday, August 4, 2015

And so the story goes......

"Mom watch this..."

"Mom..."

"Mom watch this....."

"Watch this mom...."

"OK watch this....."

"and this........"

"Mom watch this......."

This is the story of my life. I spend most my days listening to this phrase on constant repeat..watching the same action(s) play over... and over.... and over ...and each time I act surprised and "wow'd" but deep inside I'm thinking "seriously,  how many times can you make a somersault look any different."
Is that bad? Am I a terrible parent for thinking that? Does anyone else just want to say out loud:
 "Its the same as last time."
"Same again."
"Yup still the same."

I now know how my parents felt when I was a child on family road trips and constantly asking
"Are we there yet?"
"How about now?"
"When will we be there?"
"How much longer?"....

Its happening to me.

Welcome to parenthood. Everything your parents ever wished would happen to you with your own children is now coming true.

And the story goes........


No comments:

Post a Comment